February is all about love. Puppy love. In honor of two of our pups which just got adopted together, one male one female, we dedicate this post.
Valentine’s Day may be a time for lover’s or learning to love yourself, but it’s also a day to keep an extra eye on your pet. V-Day has another title and when it comes to your pet, it’s all about being aware of pet theft. Yep, you guessed it. February 14th in Petland is National Pet Theft Awareness Day.
But don’t worry, your pup won’t be left out of the cold when it comes to love. February 20th is National Love Your Pet Day. Two pet holidays created to help you stay hyper aware and in tune with your fur-legged friend.
How to Keep Your Pet Safe
Pets are more like family than ever before, so in the event of an emergency, you may be glad to have on hand this free safety pack from the ASPCA. But why might pets be taken in the first place?
While sometimes a pet just wanders off on their own to finders who decide not to look for the true owner, other reasons are more…financial. Pets may be stolen due to their breed, color, or markings to be sold on to another or someone could be just that lonely. What better companion than a furry Valentine all year round?
But this is your Valentine we’re talking about, so here are a few tips to keep them safe.
- Keep your pet contained either in a fenced in yard or ensure your yard is secured.
- If you’re out walking, keep them on a leash with all their appropriate tags.
- Micro chipping can help. But in order to help locate your pet, you’ll want to make sure to register their micro-chip, too.
While these are a few tips you can do to protect them now, what should you do if you believe it’s been stolen?
- Call your every vet clinic, shelter, and law enforcement agency in your region.
- Post reward posters around your neighborhood and on your social media feeds.
5 Extra-special Treats to Show You Care
National Pet Theft Awareness Day can be scary if you’re not prepared. So, let’s have a bit more fun and talk about National Love Your Pet Day. Though we know EVERY day is like this, we thought a few suggestions on things to do with and for your pet might ramp up the holiday a bit.
We tried think a little outside the box on a few of these. Get creative and let us know what you come up with. We love new ideas!
- Start a Puppy Scrapbook or Instagram page.
- Take your puppy out to eat.
- Spend a few extra minutes on your walk
- Get on his or her level for a fun playtime
- Bake together. Yummy dog treats, of course!
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Your puppy waits for you to come home after a long day and is always ready with a happy tail wag. Return the favor on your special pup and person day and watch their spirit shine.
Disclaimer: None of the links are affiliate links. We receive no commission. We listed these simply because they were fun and simple with an abundance of additional information.
1 thought on “Puppy Love is in the Air”
This is pretty great post. I´ve.