*Note: Estimated due dates can be off by as much as 10 days or more and up to 2 months based on the natural cycles of the mother dogs and when they’re bred.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
$3450 less $300 deposit to reserve (updated as of 12/1/2020). Balance due ($3150) 2 weeks prior to puppy go-home date.
Where are you based?
We are based in Ohio, USA
Do you have any puppies available?
Yes. Our goal at Golden Cavaliers is to help puppies find their forever home before they’re born. So, we have planned our puppy births and go-home dates through the end of the year. If you’re interested in a golden cavalier puppy, simply follow our process.
Golden Cavaliers are a crossbreed, and therefore, don't have a standard size. Weight averages can vary widely from 25 - 50 lbs for half Golden Retriever and half Cavalier. For smaller pups, you may want to consider a petite Golden Cavalier litter, who's averages are estimated to be 15 - 30 lbs.
Accepting puppy Reservations for 2023.
We breed both Golden Cavaliers (other names include ‘mini golden’ or ‘comfort retriever’) and Golden Cavadoodles. Our Golden Cavaliers are 50% Golden Retriever and 50% Ruby Red Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. The Dams (mothers) are Golden Retrievers and the Sires (fathers) are the Ruby Cavaliers.
Our Golden Cavadoodles can either be 50% Ruby Cavalier x 50% Mini Goldendoodle (Molly pups) or 50% Golden Cavalier x 50% Mini Poodle (Gertie pups).
Both the adult dogs and their puppies are socialized with children from the ages of 1 – 21.
Our litter lists are now open for 2022. If you have sent in your application, we will respond as soon as we can - currently, all dates are ESTIMATES only - and are subject to change.
What Happens When the Puppies are Born?
- PupNouncement and Week 1 – Families who have a reserved* spot on the list will receive an email to announce puppies have arrived, how many puppies the mama had, and then how many of each gender. Beginning the following week, in Week 1, you’ll receive Week 1 pictures.
- Week 2 – Puppy pictures. Getting Ready for Your Puppy email includes a shopping list, vet info, food links, and so much more!
- Week 3 – Puppy eyes are open! Puppy pictures
- Week 4 – Puppy pictures and/or videos of puppies
- Week 5 – Puppy pictures and/or videos of puppies
- Week 6 – Personalities begin to develop! Puppy pictures/videos. Balances are due.
- Week 7 – Puppy Pick Time! Farm visit or FaceTime? It’s up to you!
- Week 8 – Puppy heads to their forever home. So, the question is…pickup or delivery?
*Reserved – families have completed Steps 2 (buyer’s agreement) and 3 ($300 deposit).
*Waitlist – families have expressed interest, but the litter lists are full for the year, and the next year’s litter lists are not yet available, or the families are more interested in older dog or retired breeder dog adoption.
What’s your process to reserve a puppy?
- When you contact us, you should receive our Prospective Buyer Questionnaire to be filled in and returned to us to review.
- Once we’ve read through it and are satisfied our puppy is going to good home, we’ll contact you to request a $300 deposit and signed Buyer’s Agreement.
- Upon receipt of your deposit and Buyer’s Agreement, we’ll put your name on your chosen upcoming litter along with your choice of either 2 females to choose from or 2 males.
Just Paws Pet Transport
It’s here! Week 8, and time to bring your puppy home.
Debating between pick up or delivery? Consider coming to the farm to pick out your puppy, then having him or delivered to your door the following week.
Just Paws Pet Transport is our go-to pet transport service. This is a separate service conducted by a third-party, and there is a separate charge.
You can schedule a delivery directly by emailing Matt at email@example.com or calling/texting 210-861-4073. Just Paws is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
Delivery charges vary. Ground transport includes mileage, gas, and delivery fee for time.
Air transport as flight nanny includes roundtrip *airline ticket for flight nanny, puppy ticket ($95 for Southwest airlines and $125 other airlines), and delivery fee for time.
*If you would like to use your airline miles to cover airline ticket, please let us know.
Referrals and Reviews are the lifeblood of any business. If you’ve used Just Paws Pet Transport to deliver your puppy, let us know how we did by emailing us or posting a review on our Google My Profile site - https://g.page/r/CS6AHyoYC-eQEBI/review.
Meet Steve Haynes, Dog Specialist and Behaviorist. Even before you get your puppy, Steve will send you an email to schedule your Puppy Prep Session. Whether you’re a seasoned dog owner or a first-time dog owner, everyone begins on the same page.
The Puppy Prep Session is on us, but don’t stop there!
Continue your sessions with Steve via Zoom or email and gain access as a member of the Golden Cavaliers family.
There’s a lot to cover when getting a new puppy, especially if it’s been a while.
Considering training your pup to be a Therapy Dog? Ask about the Canine Good Citizenship training created and developed by the AKC. Steve’s got you covered, and can train your dog to be prepared for the CGC test. The goal of any training is to ensure your dog is well-behaved around new people and environments, even if you’re not with them.
Learn more here – http://www.akc.org/events/cgc/index.cfm.
Check out Steve’s website at dogspecialist.com or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org