🐾 Golden Cavaliers Health Guarantee 🐾
WRITTEN GUARANTEE IS INCLUDED WITHIN BUYER’S AGREEMENT
Golden Cavaliers guarantees your puppy to be free from infectious diseases for 4 days after puppy leaves our premises, and guarantees puppies to be free from genetic problems for up to 3 years of age.
Puppy will leave our facility clean, in good general health.
De-wormings and immunizations set forth by our veterinarians will have been completed as listed on the Puppy Health Record (in the Puppy Folder).
It is generally recognized that intestinal parasites and ear mites are common in puppies, and part of a puppy’s early development, but we make every effort to prevent such parasites.
Often, the stress of change and travel can cause intestinal parasites to emerge after the puppy has left its mother.
Buyer agrees to continue de-parasitization testing and treatment (if necessary) with their veterinarian (see below).
De-worming will have been done at age 2, 4, 6, and 8 weeks of age (pyrantel Panacur, ) and the puppy’s first immunization will be administered at 6 weeks of age.
- New owners must take their puppy to their veterinarian within 4 days of receiving pup for examination, testing for worms, treatment for worms if necessary, and to schedule ongoing immunizations.
- Failure to have the puppy examined by vet within four days of date puppy was received by buyer, or if purchaser fails to provide required immunizations or de-wormings, this health guarantee will be void.
- If the purchaser’s veterinarian finds the puppy to be in poor health, the veterinarian’s written description of the problems must be provided, dated within 4 days of the date purchaser received their puppy. With documentation by vet if a genetic defect is present, purchaser will be refunded price of puppy or given a replacement puppy.
- We will pay veterinarian fees up to the purchase price of the animal after vet has documented genetic defect present.
- Cost of exams and tests are responsibility of buyer.
- Seller is not responsible for the cost of treatment of worms or parasites.
- Genetic defects are covered by this guarantee for 3 years. A written examination from veterinarian must state that genetic defect exists and be accompanied by x-rays and other testing as appropriate.
- Buyer must contact seller for consultation, PRIOR to treatments or surgery for genetic defects or other health problems, to review all possible treatments.
- Buyer must provide seller with written diagnosis from examining vet and receipts.
- New owners agree to keep their puppy at home and away from other dogs, public places, parks and will use care in allowing others from outside their home to pet or touch the puppy.
- This protects the puppy from exposure to parvovirus and other infectious illnesses.
- New owners will not enroll the puppy in obedience training classes or take the puppy outside the home/back yard, until all immunizations are completed.
- Purchaser agrees to spay or neuter the puppy at 5.5 months of age, no later. Purchaser agrees puppy will not be used for breeding.
- Buyer agrees to send proof of spay or neutering to the sellers.
- Buyer must keep growing puppy at a healthy weight appropriate for its size; must prevent harmful exercise that strains or negatively impacts joints; must feed their puppy a nutritious and quality brand of dog food that is specifically formulated for the particular type of dog.
- TEMPERAMENT: Buyer understands that puppies nip, chew, bark, and jump up. Buyer agrees to train the puppy to correct these behaviors and to be responsible for the puppy’s ongoing socialization and behavioral training.
- Buyers inexperienced with raising puppies, and families with children under 6 years of age agree to seek professional help from a certified, in-home trainer within ten days of the puppy’s arrival into the home. All buyers agree to consult with a professional trainer should there be continued negative behaviors.
- Seller does not guarantee for temperament.